Winter Solstice Bus Trip to Leavenworth
Saturday, December 16, 2017
(Stay tuned for 2018 date)
Join friends and family for a day-long journey embracing the longest night of the year. Colette Hoff will be our guide. Be sure to wear and bring extra warm clothing, a packed lunch, bottled water and snacks to enjoy and share. We encourage you to bring sleds, skis, inner tubes, or other equipment for snow play. Please note new departure time!
At the Eastgate Park & Ride, we board a heated bus at 9:45 AM and travel through snow-laden trees, craggy mountains, and icicled streams over Snoqualmie and Blewett Passes.
- Along the way, we will stop at Blewett Pass (check
out travel conditions here) for sledding, snow play, and walks in the woods.
- At 2:45 p.m. a horse-drawn sleigh ride awaits us at Eagle Creek Ranch near Leavenworth, followed by an early dinner and brief program in the lodge.
- We will then re-board the bus and go to the the beautiful Bavarian Christmas village of Leavenworth.to enjoy the lights, shops, and treats.
- You will be informed what time to return to the bus.
- Our warm bus returns us to the Park and Ride lot around 10:30 to 11:00 PM.
The cost for this event includes transportation, snow play, sleigh ride,
and a hearty dinner:
$95 – Adults (18 and older)
$75 - Children (13 to 18)
$55 - Children (3 to 12)
Children under 2 free
A $30 registration fee is required to hold your seat must
accompany your registration. The deposit is not refundable after
Register on-line below.
Or, fill out this registration form, and mail the completed
with your deposit to:
Box # 312
Tahuya, WA 98588
Please make checks payable to "The Goodenough
For more information or to register by phone, please call Colette Hoff at 206-755-8404, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Due to Weather
In the event of pass closure, we’ll go to Sahale
Learning Center on the Hood Canal for games, music, feasting and
Sponsored by Friends and Families of
The Goodenough Community’s Family Enrichment Network